The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
When opting to use Afterpay on this website, please refer to Afterpay's website for the Terms and Conditions of your agreement with Afterpay. We have no responsibility for the content of this website and will not be involved with any dispute that may arise from the use of their products.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. Personal information may be stored both electronically on our computer system, and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, 2048 Bit v3 SSL encryption, passwords, anti-virus software and email filters act to protect all our electronic information.
We do not store credit card information, we securely submit credit card information to our payment processing partner eway, for processing.
Our general policy for returns is 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund, replacement or exchange. Returns policy for Rugs: You must notify us of any shipping errors or goods damaged in transit, or otherwise damaged within seven (7) days of the receipt of shipment. No discussion will be entered into after this period.
You must, upon delivery of goods by the nominated courier, ensure that all goods on the consignment note have been delivered. In the event of a discrepancy between the consignment note and the number of goods delivered, the customer must record the discrepancy with the nominated courier. If goods are accepted from the nominated courier without the customer noting the missing goods, Jarvis + Jarvis home will not be held liable and you (the customer) will not make any claim against us for goods not received.
Customers must follow the process set out below. Unauthorised goods returned to us may incur additional fees.
Jarvis + Jarvis Home provides the guarantees as stated in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“the Consumer Law”). Refund and return requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information in your request including:
- an explanation of the issue;
- the circumstances in which the issue arose including the date;
- the resolution that you seek; and
- photographs or other supporting information.
We will assess your request in accordance with the legal requirements and respond within seven days to notify you of the next steps. If there is a minor problem with your product we may:
- fix the problem free of charge;
- offer you a replacement product; or
- offer you a refund.
If there is a major problem with the product you are entitled to a refund or a replacement product. Replacement products are limited to a product that is identical to the product originally purchased. Examples of situations where we may provide a refund include:
- when the product is unsafe,
- the product is significantly different to the description,
- we sent you the incorrect product.
We will not provide refunds where:
- damage occurs due to not following the care instructions;
- you change your mind;
- you find the same product sold elsewhere cheaper; or
- where the issue relates to a natural feature of the timber as set out in the timber disclaimer.
- the product does not look exactly like the photograph on the website. Suppliers may update the product or packaging from time to time and the photgraphs on the website may not reflect the exact product received by you (the customer). The colour of the item on the website may differ from the actual product provided, please refer to colour disclaimer below.
Where we authorise your return, we will provide you with the details for our courier company to arrange for the return of the goods. Damaged or defective merchandise will be credited or replaced with like products in good condition as soon as possible after receipt and inspection. Upon request, you must complete a Customer Returns Form for assessment by us prior to sending back any goods.
The refund of any postage costs is at the absolute discretion of Jarvis + Jarvis home. To be eligible for a return, your item needs to please be in its original packaging and must be unused, along with an accompanying receipt, tax invoice or bank statement, as outlined below:
Returns when payment was made with Afterpay:
Returns for goods when payment was made with Afterpay will incur a 10% fee of the cost of the goods. This applies for in-store and online Afterpay purchases.
Return of goods/products purchased on sale:
Absolutely no products will be accepted for a return or store credit if they were purchased on sale. All goods will be accepted by the customer in the "as is" condition in which they were purchased.
Proof of Purchase:
In order to apply for a refund, exchange, repair or claim a warranty, you must have clear proof of purchase of either your tax invoice, receipt or a bank statement. Jarvis + Jarvis Home hold a limited history of orders and aren’t provisioned to search for archived transactions. Presenting proof of purchase is your responsibility so please retain your invoices and/or receipts as we cannot act without sufficient proof of purchase.
Orders will generally dispatch within 1-5 working days from the receipt of the order with correct and full delivery details provided. The delivery of goods to your nominated address will take approximately 5 to 10 working days from order dispatchment. This is an estimate only and we will not be held to this timeframe. Please also allow 24 to 48 hours to lapse prior to using any tracking information that will be supplied to you via email, to allow the delivery companies time to log the whereabouts of your goods.
Delivery to remote areas may attract an additional surcharge not included in the calculated postage/delivery costs stated on this website. Delivery times to these remote areas will not be stated on this website and you agree to allow sufficient time for the delivery of any goods bought from this website. All Postage fees are subject to change without notice.
Some of the products on offer will ship from a seperate warehouse and as such will arrive in a separate shipment. Where this is the case, there will be a note at the bottom of the product description to alert you, the customer.
Stock of all items may not be available even if the website has indicated that it is. In these cases we willl contact you to give you an estimated time of arrival of the goods.
The courier or postal service stated on the website at checkout may not be the one actually used. Tracking information will be supplied with the courier or postal service actually chosen to ship your goods.
Each piece of timber is unique, which is why our products are special. This means that the colouring and look of timber products will vary. There will be variations in colour, grain, knots and the use of plugs.
We cannot guarantee how the timber will ‘look’. This is the beauty and nature of timber products, especially recycled products. Variations and imperfections are not flaws, they are what make the product unique. Every single tree is different, even when of the same species and even when the same species are grown in the same place.
Timber is a natural living and breathing product that absorbs moisture and heat depending upon the environment that it is in. Thus, small cracks may appear if there is a quick change in the environment (such as the temperature or exposure to rain and sunlight). This is a normal reaction and is to be expected. Timber products should never be exposed to extreme heat or cold, i.e., a table should not be beside a fire or heater, nor placed under an air conditioner.
Due to the many variations in monitors and browsers, colour samples may appear different on different monitors. Computer monitors are not all calibrated equally and colour reproduction on the Internet is not precise. Since it is not possible to guarantee our online product colours will look the same on all computers, we do not guarantee that what you see accurately portrays the colour of the actual product. We do our very best to make sure our colours are as close to the exact product as possible, but cannot guarantee that what you see is an exact sample.
Sale Items (Purchased In Store or Online):
The sale price does not include freight and freight will be charged as an additional cost. Sale items sold as is. Not available in conjunction with any other promotional offer. Not available with Afterpay. No returns or refunds on sale items. Jarvis + Jarvis Home standard terms and conditions of purchase otherwise apply. All Pendant Lighting not included in any Sales.
Gift Vouchers Policy (Purchased In Store):
Gift Vouchers can be purchased in store with a required minimum limit of $10. Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed in store. Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or used to purchase a new Gift Voucher. Once the credit on a Gift Voucher has been spent, the Gift Voucher becomes invalid and cannot be re-loaded with additional credit. Goods that have been purchased in whole or in part with a Gift Voucher may be returned, exchanged or replaced subject to these Terms and Conditions - although we reserve the right to issue a Gift Voucher to replace the redeemed Gift Voucher instead of other tender or cash.
It is up to the cardholder to use the full value of the voucher. The voucher amount must be used in one transaction. The Gift Voucher can not be applied to previously placed orders or products not in stock at the time of purchase. Gift Vouchers must be surrendered in store upon redemption. If the purchase price exceeds the Voucher amount, the balance must be paid by the available payment options in store. Gift Vouchers are treated like cash.
Loyalty Voucher Policy (Presented in Store):
You may redeem your Jarvis + Jarvis Home Loyalty Voucher:
- in a Jarvis + Jarvis Home store;
- against the current selling price of full price product.
You may not redeem your Jarvis + Jarvis Home Loyalty Voucher:
- in conjunction with any other offer or promotional voucher;
- on a prior purchase, existing lay-by or on the purchase of Gift Vouchers;
- against any item that is currently on sale.
Your Jarvis + Jarvis Home Loyalty Voucher must be redeemed in full, in a single transaction, during its Redemption Period. No cash or credit will be issued for the balance of your Jarvis + Jarvis Home Loyalty Voucher if you have not redeemed it in full.
Your loyalty voucher is valid 24 hours after your last purchase for one full month as dated on the voucher.
Your Jarvis + Jarvis Home Loyalty Voucher can be given to a friend or family member, it cannot be sold for cash.
Your Jarvis + Jarvis Home Loyalty Voucher’s value will not be replaced if it is lost or stolen.
Lay-by Policy (for Purchases made in Store):
Timeframe: 8 Weeks
Terms Option 1:
Weekly Payments of 8.75% of the total purchase price.
- 8 weekly payments of 8.75% of the purchase price, payments can only be made in store.
Terms Option 2:
Fortnightly Payments of 17.5% of the total purchase price.
- 4 fortnightly payments of 17.5% of the purchase price, payments can only be made in store.
The customer may terminate the lay-by agreement only if the item purchased has not yet been ordered. If the item is already in the store, cancellation of the lay-by by the customer will not be permitted. The customer will incur a termination fee of 8% of the purchase price of the item/items for administrative and storage costs. If the customer is non-responsive in communication and no payments have been made after the deposit, Jarvis + Jarvis home reserve the right to cancel the tranaction (which will be done in writing in an email) and the customer will forfit the depost.
If Jarvis + Jarvis cancels the lay-by agreement, there will not be a termination fee incurred by the customer. Jarvis + Jarvis home may cancel the agreement if any of the following occur:
- If the customer has breached a term of the agreement (such as missing a scheduled payment);
- If we are no longer engaged in trade or commerce, or
- If the goods are no longer available due to circumstances outside of our control.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Contact information including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- Provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- Responding to social media;
- To enhance your customer experience in store and online and help us complete your transactions faster.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible here. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to this statement:
The information you provide may be disclosed within Jarvis + Jarvis Home and to persons who have a contractual arrangement with Jarvis + Jarvis Home, including employees, agents, suppliers, contractors, lenders, solicitors, accountants, insurers, warranty providers, credit providers, and other individuals or companies who assist us in providing products or services or who perform other functions on our behalf (for example any third party assisting with mail outs, customer enquiries and product orders, deliveries, repairs and warranties). Information will not be disclosed beyond this group of people unless you have given your consent, or unless required or authorised by law (including in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights). The information you provide will not be disclosed to any overseas recipient.